The second messenger cyclic GMP (cGMP) modulates cellular processes, including smooth muscle relaxation, kidney function, and inflammation, by activating effectors such as protein kinases, cGMP-dependent phosphodiesterases, and cGMP-gated ion channels.
The CatchPoint® cGMP Fluorescent Assay Kit's high-affinity reagents are optimized for sensitivity and precision in applications where cGMP levels are low. A single wash step removes unbound material prior to the development step, so the assay is very resistant to interference from colored or fluorescent test compounds. The proprietary Stoplight Red substrate is used to generate a stable fluorescent readout, allowing the assay to be read in as little as 10 minutes or up to 24 hours after substrate addition.
Benefits of CatchPoint cGMP Fluorescent Assay Kit
- High affinity reagents are optimized for sensitivity when cGMP levels are low, ensuring results when other assays fail
- Robust format resists interference from colored or fluorescent compounds, improving reliability of results
- Rapid signal development (< 10 min) and no termination step give users a flexible read time that is compatible with automation and high-throughput screening
- Quantitative method allows accurate determination of cGMP in samples
CatchPoint cGMP Assay Principle
The cGMP in the sample or standard competes with horseradish peroxidase (HRP)-labeled cGMP conjugate for binding sites on the anti-cGMP antibodies. In the absence of cGMP, most of the HRP-cGMP conjugate is bound to the antibody. Increasing concentrations of cGMP competitively decrease the amount of bound conjugate, thus decreasing measured HRP activity
CatchPoint cGMP Fluorescent Assay Kit is compatible with these systems:
- FLIPR Tetra High Throughput Cellular Screening System
- FlexStation 3 Benchtop Multi-Mode Microplate Reader
- SpectraMax M5/M5e/M4/M3/M2/M2e Microplate Readers
- Gemini EM Microplate Reader
- Gemini XPS Microplate Reader
For more information, view the assay kits & instrument compatibility table.
CatchPoint® cGMP 96-well Fluorescent Assay Kit
CatchPoint® cGMP 384-well Fluorescent Assay Kit